Process to Date / Public Workshops
The Mariners’ Mile Revitalization Master Plan process incorporates the following:
The draft Mariners’ Mile Revitalization Master Plan is the result of an extensive public outreach process over the past year. The City held three public workshops:
1. July 25, 2016 - The first workshop introduced the community to the Master Plan purpose and process as well as obtained initial feedback from the public about opportunities, challenges, and ideas for improvement of the Mariners’ Mile corridor. The following information is available from the workshop:
- PowerPoint presentation from Community Meeting on July 25, 2016
- Aerial Map with Mariners' Mile boundary
- What's Happening in my Neighborhood? - An overview of current Capital Improvement Projects (CIP’s), Planning Activities (including private development discretionary applications), and active building permits.
- Opportunities, Challenges, and Dreams Identified by the Community on July 25, 2016
- Flip-chart photos presented by workshop participants
2. September 26, 2016 - The workshop was a joint meeting with the Planning Commission. The workshop introduced preliminary ideas developed in response to the comments provided at the first public workshop and subsequent stakeholder interviews. Topics included streetscape improvements, parking, pedestrian and bicycle movement, and development in Mariners’ Mile. Click here to see the PowerPoint presentation.
3. January 26, 2017 - this Workshop presented preliminary recommendations for revitalizing the "Village" are and solicited feedback. Click here to see the PowerPoint presentation.
4. Specific meetings with stakeholders and interested parties throughout 2016 and 2017.