For Billing Inquiries, Account information or Customer Service, please call the Revenue Division at (949) 644-3141.
For water and sewer emergencies, please call (949) 644-3011 or the Police Department after-hours at (949) 644-3717.
For questions related to water, wastewater (sewer), storm drain, street sweeping, streetlights, and/or graffiti abatement, please contact the Utilities Department Administrative offices at (949) 644-3011.
For the latest information on City's rainfall and tide levels, please click here.
About The Utilities Department
The Utilities Department oversees, manages and maintains the water, wastewater (sewer), storm drain and tidal valve system, street sweeping, streetlights and oil and gas operations for the City of Newport Beach.
The Utilities Department is committed to providing a safe reliable source of water for drinking, irrigation, commercial use and fire protection as well as wastewater services to convey wastewater from homes and businesses for proper treatment and disposal. Our staff also oversees multiple contracts providing services to the community such as street sweeping, storm drain cleaning, streetlights, oil well operations and graffiti abatement.
To provide clean, safe, and responsive utility operations and maintenance services to the community of Newport Beach.
Through a strategic combination of in-house staff and contractors, we manage the following essential services and operations:
- Administration - Provides general oversight and management of the Utilities Department's core functions
- Graffiti Abatement - Manages contract services for removing graffiti from City property
- Oil and Gas - Maintains oil and natural gas production facilities through a contract operator
- Storm Drains - Maintains and repairs the City's storm drain system and responsible for monitoring tide levels and operating tidal valves to minimize street flooding
- Street Sweeping - Manages contractors that clean debris from streets, alleyways, parking lots and boardwalks
- Streetlights - Maintains and repairs streetlights, parking lot lights, beach flood lights, and recreation facility lights
- Wastewater - Operates, maintains, and repairs the City's wastewater (sewer) infrastructure
- Water Services - Provides a safe, reliable source of water and operates, maintains and repairs the City's water infrastructure
Plan Resources -
Please click on the resource below for further information:
2020 Urban Water Management Plan Final Draft
2020 Water Shortage Contingency Plan
Appendix C - Addendum to 2015 UWMP
Report a Problem
To report any maintenance or operational issues, contact us by phone, web, smart phone or mail:
For inquiries related to water, wastewater, storm drains, street sweeping, streetlights and/or graffiti abatement, please contact the Utilities Department Administrative offices at 949-644-3011
- City Website "Report a Problem" link – Online reporting and tracking
- Smartphone – An application for your smartphone called “MYNB”
- Mailing Address - 100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- Physical Address:
- Utilities Yard 949 W. 16th Street, Newport Beach, CA