Jane Shehane: Watercolors
August 21, 2023 - October 13, 2023, Central Library
Jane Shehane’s formal art experience began at the Phoenix Art Museum as a young student. Both her mother and grandmother were artists, thus art has always been a significant part of her life. After studying at the University of Arizona, she taught in public school and over many years to individuals and small groups.
Thanks to continuing classes and workshops over the years, she was able to paint with watercolor masters Rex Brandt, George Post, Robert Landry, Zoltan Szabo, Alan Lugena. All were superb teachers and continual sources of inspiration.
Her work centers around the colorful brightness of coastal California and the dramatic and changeable land and seascapes of the Pacific Northwest. Much material was gathered during frequent travels to Great Britain and Europe. Jane’s work is found in private collections in the west and beyond.
Artwork copyright ©Jane Shehane
All Rights Reserved
- Sherry Marger (Acrylic Landscapes): October 23 - December 15
In the News
- Fair Game: Colleen Johns at the Central Library
- Diana Ghoukassian is Glimpsing the Nature of Things
- Newport Beach artist Chip Fesko's geometric watercolors are on display
- Fernando Del Rosario's Real Heroes at the Library
- Joan Irving Brandt Centennial
- Agnes Schenk - Her own show at 87
- Library hosts first-ever exhibition for artist
- Newport Beach honors watercolorist Rex Brandt
- An artistic celebration for Rex Brandt at Library
- City Honors Rex Brandt
- Famed watercolorist comes home to Newport Beach
- City to honor CDM Artist with Saturday events
- Rex Brandt Centennial Celebration & Art Exhibit