Special Event Permits & Applications
Special Event Permits
Planning to host a special event in Newport Beach? If your event or activity is one of the following, it will likely require issuance of a Special Event Permit:
- Outdoor concert and entertainment, public or semi-public dance, recreation or sporting events.
- Circuses, carnivals, fairs and festivals.
- Farmer’s Markets and swap meets.
- Walks, runs, athletic, bicycle and vehicle races and rides.
- Organized and/or sponsored vehicle and boat shows.
- Sales event outside the normal sales area of a business, such as a sidewalk and parking lot sale and other special promotions.
- Auto dealer sales events involving promotional attractions such as barbecues, tents, canopies, special signage and similar facilities.
- Fireworks display
- Street fair or craft show on a residential or commercial right-of-way which is likely to obstruct, delay or interfere with normal flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
- Car washes whereby the public is encouraged to attend.
- Outdoor amplified sound.
- Other events as described by Newport Beach Municipal Code 11.03.
- Harbor activities and events.
You can download a Special Event Permit application or call 949-644-3151 to speak to the City's special event permit coordinator.
Weddings at the Beach or a Public Park
Are you thinking about getting married at the beach or a public park? A special event permit is not required, but there are restrictions. Find out what you need to know before planning your event.